POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Sim-POV Problems!! : Re: Sim-POV Problems!! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:02:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sim-POV Problems!!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 Dec 2002 10:08:49
Message: <3DF60381.E3679171@gmx.de>
Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Hi Cristoph (or anyone else able to help),
>
> I'm having problems getting Sim-Pov to run on my machine. It's been so long since I
ran POV
> from the command-line that many of the problems I'm having may be down to me messing
up :-)

> Firstly, I simply cannot get POV to show me the rendering in progress.. the best I
can get is
> ASCII art in the Command window. I have tried +D, +D0, +DT, +D0...9T and +DA...ZT.
I should
> point out that I am using XP Home. Is there a problem with POV opening up a window
perhaps?

There isn't any graphics support except ASCII in the compiled version on
my site.  You can compile it with X support if you have installed Cygwin
or use a compiler capable of building the Windows GUI.  Free Borland will
make a slower executable though.

I will have a deeper look into the other stuff later today.

Christoph

Last updated 07 Dec. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______